This is a unique programme that combines both general and academic Spanish. This programme is of great value to those planning to study at university or who intend to work in a Spanish-speaking country. Our programme is tailored to students who have not yet entered college or are taking a year off.
It combines a unifying international focus with a multidisciplinary approach, using the foreign language as the sole means of communication thus maximizing classroom time and enabling students to develop their language skills with confidence in the least amount of time. This proven programme has helped many CSL students to reach their Spanish language goals for exam preparation, academics and daily communication.
Students will get a competitive edge through our innovative programme, bringing clarity to their future study, career ambitions and long-term learning goals.
Students do not require any prior knowledge of Spanish to start.
On successful completion of the programme, students will be able to move on to study for the Certificate in Proficiency in Spanish for International Communication (C2) at Mastery levels.
STUDY MODE FOR NEW STUDENTS:
Online live classes
36 weeks (9 months)
Mon to Thur – 9:00am to 3:30pm and
Friday – 9:00am to 12:45pm
Language of instruction:
17+ years old
8 January 2024
- Intel i5 or equivalent processor. | Minimum 8 GB of RAM.
- For computers using Windows (minimum system requirement: Windows 10)
- For computers using Mac (minimum system requirement: OSX 10)
- For iPad tablets (iOS) (minimum system requirement: iOS 9)
- For Android tablets (minimum system requirement: Android 5)
- The use of headphones with working speakers and a microphone is advised.
- Spanish Language
- Oral Communication Skills
- Spanish Composition and Grammar
- Reading and Comprehension Strategies
- International DELE Exam Preparation
- Academic Skills
- Arts and Culture
- History and Geography
- Personal Development and Wellbeing
- Global Career Development
- Industry-Specific Language
Elective Lessons (choose 1)
- Listening Plus
- Vocabulary Development
- Diction and Pronunciation
- Idioms, Slang and Phrasal Verbs
- Speaking and Error Correction
- Grammar Plus
- Conversation with the Hispanic World
Specialization Modules (optional)
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Introduction to Hispanic literature and Poetry
- Introduction to Business Spanish
- Introduction to Medical Spanish
- Introduction to Spanish for Tourism and Hospitality
- Introduction to Spanish for International Relations
- Introduction to Spanish for the Legal Field
Please note that the availability of elective lessons and specialized modules may vary based on demand and scheduling.
- There are 12 weeks per term.
- All CSL terms cover the contents of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) of the Council of Europe, DELE Exams by the Instituto Cervantes, Ministry of Education and Vocational Training of Spain & Universidad de Alcalá. This allows our students to have a full understanding of where they are in relation to all major international standards.
Term I: A2 Pre-intermediate
Our CEFR level A2 is sufficient for tourism in a Spanish-speaking country and socializing with Spanish speakers, although it allows for networking with Spanish-speaking colleagues but in a limited & familiar topics.
Term II: B1 Intermediate
Our CEFR level B1 would be sufficient for interactions with Spanish speakers on familiar topics. In the workplace, people at a B1 level of Spanish are able to read simple reports on familiar topics and write simple emails on subjects in their field. However, a B1 level is not adequate to function fully in the workplace in Spanish.
Term III: B2 Advanced
Our CEFR level B2 would allows to function in the workplace in Spanish, and indeed, many non-native Spanish speakers in workplaces have this level of Spanish at entry level positions and may lack nuance particularly outside his own field. Students may lead to new opportunities professionally and get admission for college abroad.
Assessments typically fall into six broad categories:
- Individual & group presentations
- Language portfolios
- Project projects
- Written exams
- Independent/Collaborative study: This may include preparation for classes, completion of assessment tasks, or revision.
On successful completion of the programme (Term I, Term II, Term III), participants will receive a Certificate of Completion and Transcript awarded by the CSL. In order to get a Pass, students must obtain at least 60% of the overall grade.
Certificates of Completion and Transcripts are prerequisites for the next higher level and will be considered as such for a period of one (1) year. After a year has elapsed, students may have to take a placement test to move forward.
- Successful completion of the Advanced Certificate in Spanish for International Communication (B2);
- Successful completion of the Certificate of Proficiency in Spanish for International Communication (C2);
- Successful completion of the Certificate in Principles and Techniques of Translation; and
- Application for admission to the Advanced Certificate in Translation.
CSL Financial Aid & Scholarships
We offer a wide range of financial aid & scholarships to make funding your studies easier. See our Scholarships page.
How To Apply
- Official High School diploma, college, university diploma, OR
- Passes in any two (2) units CAPE or GCE A-level subjects, OR
- Minimum of three (3) CSEC (CXC)/GCE O’Level subjects, inclusive of English A and mathematics, Grades 1,2,3* or A,B,C.
- Passport sized photo of the applicant
- Copy of the applicant’s national ID card or passport
- Complete PDF application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Compulsory Fees (per Term) | NON-REFUNDABLE
- Registration Fee: US$44 | TT$250
- Late Registration Fee: US$35 | TT$200
- Administrative Fee: US$15 | TT$60
- Student Service Fee: US$50 | TT$180
- Placement Test Fee (if applicable): US$60 | TT$350
- DELE Spanish Exams Fee: TBA
- Course Materials: TBA
This is a self-funded programme meaning the programme is not GATE funded. Listed prices are valid for applications received between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023.
Fees after CSL financial aid for first-time, full-time students*
- T&T Students: TT$ 3,199 monthly | TT$ 9,597 per term
- CARICOM Students: US$ 544 monthly | US$ 1,565 per term
- International Students: US$ 612 monthly | US$ 1,830 per term
Fees After Scholarship (50% Funded by CSL)*:
- T&T Students: TT$ 1,600 monthly | TT$ 4,800 per term
- CARICOM Students: US$ 272 monthly | US$ 816 per term
- International Students: US$ 340 monthly | US$ 1020 per term
Tuition fees do not include academic materials, the DELE external examinations, supplies, fees for supplementary exams and repeats, etc.
DELE EXAM PREPARATION
The DELE Diplomas hold global recognition, respected by institutions, educational authorities, and the business community. Students receive exam preparation courses each term and may if required take the DELE examinations to achieve their university applications, career goals, and long-term learning objectives.
Our students have the option to do our full immersion programme in a Spanish speaking country during the last term at a partner institution abroad. Students at the CEFR B2 level may have the opportunity to work as a language assistant or undertake a work (or volunteering) placement, for a complete and enjoyable educational experience.
Note: The School will not be responsible for transfer of money in wrong account. Please double check the details before sending.