Basic Certificate in Business Spanish (Europe) Qualifications Level B2
January & September
3 Academic Terms
Language of instruction:
Mon. to Fri. 9:00am – 3:00pm
The Certificate in Business Spanish programme is an internationally recognised European qualification accredited to the CEFR language proficiency at Level B2. This programme is specifically designed for young adults and professionals wishing to enter the international business sector. It also helps students to make progress in their existing career.
We provide students with an international multidisciplinary approach complemented by the development of their language skills, social, historical, geographical and cultural knowledge and a broad understanding of the operational aspects of the business environment. Participants do not require any prior knowledge of Spanish or Business to start. Students will gain the communicative proficiency required to be successful while also developing their business knowledge and leadership skills, setting them up to communicate effectively in business, education and in life.
The Caribbean School of Languages is an official examination centre for internationally recognised qualifications in Business Spanish.
We understand that every student has different needs and different goals when they learn a new language. That is why we offer a wide variety of classes and activities to develop a substantive knowledge of study skills, critical thinking, workshops, guest speaker presentations and group work while preparing for the international examinations in Business Spanish. Students can also specialise in their studies with afternoon classes fostering applied skills in a business focused environment.
Special Focus Classes
Our Special Focus Classes are designed for students that wish to improve their knowledge of a specific area of the language skills and learn something new at the same time. Class offerings will vary depending on the student’s interest and language level, such as: Global Development, Problem-solving, Negotiation, Business Decision Making, Business Environment, Diction & Pronunciation, Public Speaking, Grammar, etc.
Trips, Excursions and Events
From discussions in the classroom to organised social events. This programme gives students the opportunity to spend several days away from home. The CSL also offers various optional indoor and outdoor activities for a complete and enjoyable educational experience.
Successful completion of this programme is a prerequisite for admission to the Advanced Certificate in Business Spanish (Europe) Qualifications Level C1.
- Intel i5 or equivalent processor.
- Minimum 8 GB of RAM.
- For computers using Windows (minimum system requirement: Windows 10)
- For computers using Mac (minimum system requirement: OSX 10)
- For iPad tablets (iOS) (minimum system requirement: iOS 9)
- For Android tablets (minimum system requirement: Android 5)
- The use of headphones with working speakers and a microphone is advised.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
Graduates will have a range of career opportunities both in Trinidad and Tobago and abroad and they can expect to find employment in different areas such as:
- Exports, imports and distribution
- National and international purchasing
- Middle management positions across all sectors.
- Advertising and marketing.
- Human resources.
- Banking, including investment banking.
- Sales and retail.
- Management consultancy.
- Business journalism.
- Transport and logistics.
- Translation and interpreting.
- Editing and publishing.
|CSL TERM||CSL LEVEL||CEFR LEVEL|
|TERM 1||A2 +||A2|
|TERM 2||B1 +||B1|
|TERM 3||B2+ EXAM PREP||B2|
- There are 14 weeks per Term.
- All our courses cover the contents of the Common European Framework of Reference of Languages (CEFR) of the Council of Europe.
- The communicative approach is applied in all language for international communication courses.
- Official High School diploma, college, university diploma or degree, OR
- Passes in any two (2) units CAPE or GCE A-level subjects, OR
- Minimum of four (4) CSEC (CXC)/GCE O’Level subjects, inclusive of English A and mathematics, Grades 1,2,3* or A,B,C.
*Grade 3 accepted if attained in June 1998 or beyond
January 4th • September 05th
January 3rd • September 05th
- Entry into this courses does not require an interview or audition.
This is a self-funded programme meaning the programme is not GATE funded. Listed prices are valid for applications received between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022.
Fees cover the following:
- General operating/Maintenance costs
- Class tuition
- European Exam preparation courses
- Digital learning plataform and academic material
- Placement and progress tests
- End of course CSL certificate
- Some extra-curricular activities at School or locally
We offer various payment plans to ensure that students are able to budget well throughout their studies. After the initial deposit, the remaining balance will be due within 8 to 12 weeks of the programme start date.
|(NON-REFUNDABLE) – PER PERSON|
|Registration Fee: 250 – US$ 44|
|Late Registration Fee: TT$ 200 – US$ 35|
|Administrative Fee: TT$ 60 – US$ 14|
|External European Exam Fees: TBA|
|CSL Centre Exam Fees: TBA|
|Amenities Fee: TT$ 800 – US$ 135 (per Term)|
|Gap Year Programme||Tuition||Tuition|
|Blended (per Term)||TT15,500||US2,590|
|Special Focus Classes (Combined with Core Classes)|
|One-to-One||TT1,260 per week||US230 per week|
|Mini Group||TT990 per week||US180 per week|
Tuition fees do not include the external examinations, stationery supplies, practical inmmersion activities, printing, fees for supplementary exams and repeats, other living costs, etc.