Beginner to Advanced
Hours PER CSL LEVEL:
60hrs per CSL level
Minimum age: 17+ years old
Morning, afternoon & evening on weekdays. Also on Saturday mornings.
Boost your language skills and confidence. Join us in 100% online teacher-led classes and interactive sessions.
Our General English programmes are designed to improve your ability to communicate in all areas of the language. These courses focus on General Proficiency without leaving the comfort of your own home or office.
Our flexible courses focus on developing the comprehension and speaking skills in practical situations balancing structured study in the main aspects of language: reading, writing, listening and speaking with a wide variety of materials and exercises including roleplays, authentic materials, news articles, documentaries, radio broadcasts, blogs or other social media advertisements.
The CSL offers beginner to mastery levels. These courses are a lighter version of our classroom courses, with small classes taught by our experienced staff.
We're here to help you
Students will receive regular and ongoing support enabling them to revise segments and focus on areas that need attention going forwards. Learn solid techniques to achieve effective communication in English & develop fluency and accuracy in spoken and written English.
Learn English & Stay in Your Teacher's Home
Students will have the option to spend several days away from home with us in the Caribbean without interruptions or distractions, when living with one of our carefully selected home tutors.
These Special Teacher’s Home Course + Culture tours give students the chance to undertake volunteering placement or explore the landscapes, landmarks, local attractions, events and local Caribbean cultures developing the confidence of communicating confidently in English in everyday situations for a complete and enjoyable educational experience.
All new students will be taking a placement test with a CSL teacher. This will determine their level.
Times and frequency
- Super Intensive: 4 days/week
- Intensive: 3 days/week
- Basic: 1 or 2 days/week
The courses are offered in the morning, afternoon and evening on weekdays, and also on Saturday mornings.
We always recommend as long a course as possible to make the greatest possible improvement. However, the frequency for a student to improve enough to change level depends entirely on the student and availability.
Assessments typically fall into six broad categories:
- Practical presentations;
- Formal exams;
- Project sessions;
- Progress reports;
- Independent study: This may include preparation for lessons, completion of assessment tasks, or revision.
- January 9, February 6, March 6, April 11, May 8, June 5, July 3, July 31, August 28, September 18, October 10, November 6, December 4.
Central European Time (CET)
- Super Intensive Class Schedule: Morning: 9:00 to 11:00 / Afternoon: 17:00 to 19:00 (Monday to Thursday)
- Intensive Class Schedule: Morning: 11:00 to 13:00 / Evening: 18:00 to 20:00 (Monday to Wednesday)
- Basic Class Schedule: Morning: 12:00 to 14:00 / Afternoon: 16:00-18:00 / Evening: 19:00 to 21:00 (Monday & Wednesday OR Tuesday & Thursday) Morning: 9:30 to 12:30 (Saturdays)
Atlantic Standard Time (AST) Trinidad&Tobago
- Super Intensive Class Schedule: Morning: 9:00 to 11:00 / Afternoon: 5:00 to 7:00 (Monday to Thursday)
- Intensive Class Schedule: Morning: 11:00 to 1:00 / Evening: 6:00 to 8:00 (Monday to Wednesday)
- Basic Class Schedule: Morning: 12:00 to 2:00 / Afternoon: 4:00-6:00 / Evening: 7:00 to 9:00 (Monday & Wednesday OR Tuesday & Thursday) Morning: 9:30 to 12:30 (Saturdays)
|CSL Levels||EN L.1|
|Potential English Score||• IELTS 1-2 • TOEFL iBT 0-8|
|CSL Levels||EN L.2 to L.3|
|Potential English Score||• IELTS 2.5-3.5 • TOEFL iBT 9-56 • Cambridge: KET|
|CSL Levels||EN L.4 to L.6|
|Potential English Score||• IELTS 4–5 • TOEFL iBT 57-86 • Cambridge: PET|
|CSL Levels||EN L.7 to L.9|
|Potential English Score||• IELTS 5.5-6.5 • TOEFL iBT 87-109 • Cambridge: FCE|
|CSL Levels||EN L.10 to L.13|
|Potential English Score||• IELTS 7-8 • TOEFL iBT 110-118 • Cambridge: First: CAE|
|CSL Levels||EN L.14 to L.17|
|Potential English Score||• IELTS 9 • TOEFL iBT 110-118 • Cambridge: First: CAE|
- Course duration: 7.5 weeks (Super Intensive) • 10 weeks (Intensive) • 15 weeks (Basic) per CSL level.
- All our levels cover the contents of the CEFR of the Council of Europe. The communicative approach is applied in all language for international communication programmes.
- Registration Fee: €42 – USD$45
- Late Registration Fee: €32 – USD$35
- Administrative Fee: €14 – USD$16
|Course name||Frequency||Monthly class hrs||Cost per week|
|Super Intensive||4 days / week||32||€73 – USD$79|
|Intensive||3 days / week||24||€62 – USD$67|
|Basic||1 or 2 days / week||16||€48 – USD$52|
Included in the course
- Live classes at a time chosen by individual students.
- Lessons delivered by qualified, experienced English teachers.
- Learner Oriented Assessment.
- Award. On completion, a certificate of achievement is issued
- Ability to upgrade and add one-to-one lessons.
Tuition fees do not include academic materials, the external examinations, supplies, fees for supplementary exams and repeats, etc.
Payment is generally due two weeks before the first day of class. Students can pay fees using one (1) of the following methods:
- Direct bank deposit
- Wire Transfer
- Certified Managers Cheques
- Electronic Bank transfer
Note: The School will not be responsible for transfer of money in wrong account. Please double check the details before sending.