Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language
Full-time 1 Year (3 Terms) Part-time (6 Terms)
January, April, June & September
Language of instruction:
FT: Online / Face to Face PT: Online
Minimum age: 17+
FT: Mon to Fri 9am-12:30pm PT: Mon to Fri 5:15pm-7:15pm
European & LATAM Spanish Course
This gap year programme is one of the best ways for students to expand their language education in the least amount of time outside and inside of the classroom. It combines a unifying international focus with a multidisciplinary approach, enabling students to develop their language skills, social, historical, geographical and cultural knowledge, while also being introduced to European & LATAM politics, civilization, art, economy, literature, and international communication awareness of the Spanish-speaking world and other assorted countries at the European level from various perspectives.
Students do not require any prior knowledge of Spanish to start. We understand that every student has different needs and different goals when they learn a new language. That is why we offer a wide variety of classes and activities to develop a substantive knowledge of study skills, critical thinking and group work while obtaining the international certification DELE/SIELE. Students can also specialise in their studies with afternoon classes and more.
Special Focus Classes
Our Special Focus Classes are designed for students that wish to improve their knowledge of a specific area of the language skills and learn something new at the same time. Class offerings will vary depending on student interest and language level, such as: Global Development, Diction & Pronunciation, Public Speaking, Grammar, etc…
Trips, Excursions and Events
From discussions in the classroom to organised social events. This programme gives students the opportunity to spend several days away from home. The CSL also offers various optional indoor and outdoor activities for a complete and enjoyable educational experience.
Successful completion of this programme is a prerequisite for admission to the Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language (Post-Advanced) at CEFR C1 and C2 superior levels.
- Intel i5 or equivalent processor.
- Minimum 8 GB of RAM.
- For computers using Windows (minimum system requirement: Windows 10)
- For computers using Mac (minimum system requirement: OSX 10)
- For iPad tablets (iOS) (minimum system requirement: iOS 9)
- For Android tablets (minimum system requirement: Android 5)
- The use of headphones with working speakers and a microphone is advised.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
|CSL TERM||CSL LEVEL||CEFR LEVEL|
|TERM 1||A2 + DELE PREP||A2|
|TERM 2||B1 + DELE PREP||B1|
|TERM 3||B2 + DELE PREP||B2|
|CSL TERM||CSL LEVEL||CEFR LEVEL|
|TERM 2||A2+ DELE PREP||A2|
|TERM 4||B1+ DELE PREP||B1|
|TERM 6||B2+ DELE PREP||B2|
- There are 14 weeks per Term.
- All our courses cover the contents of the Common European Framework of Reference of Languages (CEFR) of the Council of Europe.
- The communicative approach is applied in all language for international communication courses.
- Official High School diploma, college, university diploma or degree, OR
- Passes in any two (2) units CAPE or GCE A-level subjects, OR
- Minimum of four (4) CSEC (CXC)/GCE O’Level subjects, inclusive of English A and mathematics, Grades 1,2,3* or A,B,C.
*Grade 3 accepted if attained in June 1998 or beyond
- For admission to our terms 2 – 6, along with the requirements above, successful completion of the previous level in the CSL programme, the DELE diploma at the corresponding level or having been placed at the specific level via a CSL placement test.
This is a self-funded programme meaning the programme is not GATE funded. Listed prices are valid for applications received between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022.
Fees cover the following:
- General operating/Maintenance costs
- Class tuition
- DELE preparation courses
- Digital learning plataform and academic material
- Placement and progress tests
- End of course CSL certificate
- Some extra-curricular activities at School or locally
We offer various payment plans to ensure that students are able to budget well throughout their studies. After the initial deposit, the remaining balance will be due within 8 to 12 weeks of the programme start date.
|(NON-REFUNDABLE) – PER PERSON|
|Registration Fee: TT$ 250 – US$ 44 (annual fee)|
|Late Registration Fee: TT$ 200 – US$ 35 (annual fee)|
|Administrative Fee: TT$ 60 – US$ 14 (annual fee)|
|Placement Test Fee (if applicable): TT$ 350 – US$ 60|
|DELE Exam Fees: TBA (per test)|
|Amenities Fee (for Face-to-Face students only): TT$ 800 – US$ 135 (per Term)|
|Gap Year Programme||Tuition||Tuition|
|Full-time (per Term)||TT13,960||US2,350|
|Part-time (per Term)||TT6,980||US1,170|
|Special Focus Classes (Combined with Core Classes)|
|One-to-One||TT1,260 per week||US230 per week|
|Mini Group||TT990 per week||US180 per week|
- Tuition fees do not include the external examinations, stationery supplies, printing, fees for supplementary exams and repeats, other living costs, etc.