This is a unique programme that combines both Spanish for Tourism & Hospitality and Spanish for General Proficiency. This programme is of great value to those planning to study at university or who intend to work in a Spanish-speaking country. Our programme is tailored to students who have not yet entered college or are taking a year off, or for career-entry positions in the travel, tourism and hospitality industries.
This programme combines a unifying international focus with a multidisciplinary approach, enabling students to develop their language skills with confidence and provides an overview of hospitality service management, including planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. Also, the programme exposes students to the legal and marketing aspects of the tourism & hospitality services.
The holder of this certificate can communicate professionally both orally and in writing, in all relevant real life situations, including those which involve managing unforeseen circumstances, in order to reach a Spanish-speaking clientele or to tap into a Spanish-speaking market.
Due to the simillarities in content and level, the holders of the B2 certificate issued by the CSL may choose to sit external examinations leading to the following European qualifications:
- B2 Advanced Certificate in Spanish for Tourism
- DELE Diploma – Spanish Level B2 Certification
Online live clasess
36 weeks (9 months)
MON to THU 9:00am to 2:30pm &
FRIDAY 9:00am to 12:45pM
Language of instruction:
17+ years old.
January 08, 2024
- Intel i5 or equivalent processor. | Minimum 8 GB of RAM.
- For computers using Windows (minimum system requirement: Windows 10)
- For computers using Mac (minimum system requirement: OSX 10)
- For iPad tablets (iOS) (minimum system requirement: iOS 9)
- For Android tablets (minimum system requirement: Android 5)
- The use of headphones with working speakers and a microphone is advised.
A2 Pre-intermediate | Term I
Our CEFR level A2 is sufficient for tourism in a Spanish-speaking country and socializing with Spanish speakers, although it allows for networking with Spanish-speaking colleagues but in a limited & familiar topics.
B1 Intermediate | Term II
Our CEFR level B1 would be sufficient for interactions with Spanish speakers on familiar topics. In the workplace, people at a B1 level of Spanish are able to read simple reports on familiar topics and write simple emails on subjects in their field. However, a B1 level is not adequate to function fully in the workplace in Spanish.
B2 Advanced | Term III
Our CEFR level B2 would allows to function in the workplace in Spanish, and indeed, many non-native Spanish speakers in workplaces have this level of Spanish at entry level positions and may lack nuance particularly outside his own field. Students may lead to new opportunities professionally and get admission for college abroad.
- Spanish Language
- International DELE Exam Preparation
- Hospitality & Tourism Exam Preparation (International certification)
- Academic Skills
- Arts and Culture
- History and Geography
- Hospitality & Tourism Career Development
- Industry-Specific Language
All CSL terms cover the contents of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) of the Council of Europe, DELE Exams by the Instituto Cervantes, Hospitality & Tourism Exams, Ministry of Education and Vocational Training of Spain & Universidad de Alcalá. This allows our students to have a full understanding of where they are in relation to all major international standards.
Assessments typically fall into six broad categories:
- Oral presentations;
- Written exams;
- Writing for specific purposes;
- Case-study essays;
- Independent study: This may include preparation for lessons, completion of assessments or revision.
On successful completion of each level (Term I, Term II, Term III), participants will receive a Certificate of Completion and Transcript awarded by the CSL. In order to get a Pass, students must obtain at least 60% of the overall grade.
Certificates of Completion and Transcripts are prerequisites for the next higher level and will be considered as such for a period of one (1) year. After a year has elapsed, students may have to take a placement test to move forward.
Our students have the option to do our full immersion programme in a Spanish speaking country during the last term at a partner institution abroad. Students at the CEFR B2 level may have the opportunity to work as a language assistant or undertake a work (or volunteering) placement, for a complete and enjoyable educational experience.
Start Dates (New & Continuing Students)
January 08th • April 10th • September 10th
DELE EXAM PREPARATION
The DELE Diplomas hold global recognition, respected by institutions, educational authorities, and the business community. Students receive exam preparation courses each term and may if required take the DELE examinations to achieve their university applications, career goals, and long-term learning objectives.
How To Apply
- Passes in any two (2) units CAPE or GCE A-level subjects, OR
- Minimum of three (3) CSEC (CXC)/GCE O’Level subjects, inclusive of English A and mathematics, Grades 1,2,3* or A,B,C. OR
- Official High School diploma, college, university diploma or degree
- Passport sized photo of the applicant
- Copy of the applicant’s national ID card or passport
- Complete PDF application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a self-funded programme meaning the programme is not GATE funded. Listed prices are valid for applications received between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023.
Compulsory Fees (per Term)
- Registration Fee: TT$250 | US$45 (non-refundable)
- Late Registration Fee: TT$200 | US$35 (non-refundable)
- Administrative Fee: TT$60 | US$15 (non-refundable)
- Student Service Fee: TT$180| US$50 (non-refundable)
- Instructional materials: TT$$860 | US$$150
Fees after tuition discount worth up to TT$2,460 | US$390 for first-time, full-time students for the September 2023 intake*
- Domestic Students: TT$ 3,870 monthly
- International Students: US$ 598 monthly
Tuition fees do not include academic materials, the external examinations, supplies, fees for supplementary exams and repeats, etc.
Students can pay fees using one (1) of the following methods:
- Direct bank deposit
- Wire Transfer
- Certified Managers Cheques
- Electronic Bank transfer
Note: The School will not be responsible for transfer of money in wrong account. Please double check the details before sending.