We offer a complete package ensuring students have everything they need for a successful and enjoyable period of study. From accommodation options for all needs and budgets, transport to and from our school to social activities every month and trips abroad.
When you arrive at any CSL, students will receive:
- Welcome, induction and orientation on your first day
- An introduction to fellow students and school team
- Detailed information on areas of local interest and school facilities
- Regular counselling sessions with teachers
- Induction to multimedia resources to continue the learning after classes
- Dedicated Student Support and Welfare Services and 24 hour emergency support line
- An exciting and varied social “in language” programme
Students can log in to the e-learning zone at any time and access a wide range of digital resources and interactive elements to use in the classroom, on the move and at home.
To make your journey as comfortable as possible, we can arrange for a taxi service to greet each student at the airport and take them to your accommodation. We have also prepared travel guides to help you travel by public transport locally.
International Students coming to study in Trinidad and Tobago are required to apply for a Student Permit pursuant to section 9(1)(G) of the Immigration Act, Chapter 18:01 of the Laws of Trinidad & Tobago. Please review below:
- Application Form for Student Permit
- Interview/Information Sheet Form
- Medical Examination Forms
- Copies of previous academic certificates (high school, college or university diploma)
- Letter of Acceptance from the school as a full-time student
- Receipt of payment of tuition fees
- Fees Paid Letter issued by the school confirming the payment of fees*
- One recent Passport Size Photo (white background and no shadows)
- Birth Certificate
- Coloured copy of bio-data page of passport (valid for a minimum of six months)
- Copy of all the Entry stamps on your passport
- Copy of return ticket or security bond/landing deposit.
- Letter of responsibility and/or financial support from host (if staying with a relative, guardian or friend)
- Proof of funding by:
- Job letter / Self employment documents to show proof of self employment and six (6) months bank statements reflecting income OR
- For sponsored studies a letter from the sponsor along with a copy of the bio data page of their passport and their bank statements for a period of six months
- Letter and receipt of payment of accommodation
- Physical Examination of Applicant (to be completed by a Private Doctor/ Medical in Trinidad and Tobago only)
- Chest-Xray Report (to be provided by a Certified Radiologist in Trinidad and Tobago only)
- Previous Student Permit (if any)
- Any other documents that may be required by the Immigration Officer
- Please provide original and legible photocopies of each document.
- Any document not recorded in English must be accompanied by an Certified English Translation in T&T only. The school is a Certified Translation Agency in Trinidad and Tobago
- The above documents should be submitted at least four weeks prior to travel for school admissions
- The use of correction fluid in any document is prohibited
STUDENT PERMIT APPLICATION FEES
- Student Permit Application Fees (to be paid on submission of the application)
- Fee for CARICOM nationals: TT$100.00
- Fee for Non-CARICOM nationals: TT$200.00
- Extension Fees:
- Endorsement Fee for CARICOM nationals: TT$50.00
- Endorsement Fee for Non-CARICOM nationals: TT$100.00
- Visa Waiver Fee (if applicable) TT$400.00
The Immigration Division requires that all international students visit the immigration office within 48 hours of arrival in Trinidad and Tobago to initiate the Student Permit Application Process. Students who do not adhere to this timeframe may be asked by the Immigration Division to exit and re-enter Trinidad and Tobago.
The above information has been prepared as a guideline to non-national students in relation to immigration requirements for a Student Permit. The CSL makes no warranty or representation in relation to the extent, content and/or accuracy of the information provided. This is not an exhaustive document and for further information, inquiries and updates, please visit the Official Website of the Immigration Division of Trinidad and Tobago.
The Immigration Division’s Office is located at:
Government Campus Plaza
3-9 Richmond Street
Port of Spain
Tel: (868) 225-4664
We use the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) to determine your English level. There are six levels, ranging from A1 to C2. Students progress 3 months each level in our full-time English courses.
- A1 BEGINNER: You have a very basic knowledge of vocabulary and simple grammatical structure.
- Exam Scores*: IELTS: 1-2 / TOEFL: 0-18 / TOEIC: 120-220
- A2 ELEMENTARY: You understand most conversations spoken slowly and clearly.
- Exam Scores*: Cambridge KET / IELTS: 2.5-3.5 / TOEFL: 19-56 / TOEIC: 225-545
- B1 INTERMEDIATE: You can communicate easily on everyday matters but have a limited range of expression.
- Exam Scores*: Cambridge PET / IELTS: 4-5 / TOEFL: 57-86 / TOEIC: 550-780
- B2 UPPER INTERMEDIATE: You can use the language with confidence.
- Exam Scores*: Cambridge FCE / IELTS: 5.5-6.5 / TOEFL: 87-109 / TOEIC: 785-940
- C1 ADVANCED: With a good command of English, you can read and write accurately with few errors.
- Exam Scores*: Cambridge CAE / IELTS: 7-8 / TOEFL: 110-118 / TOEIC: 945+
- C2 MASTERY: You have near-full command of the language.
- Exam Scores*: Cambridge CPE / IELTS: 9 / TOEFL: 119-120 / TOEIC: 945+
Having the right medical, travel and course insurance is a really important part of international study and we ask that all students arrange this before they come to study with us.
This is designed to help students estimate the cost of living in Trinidad and Tobago. The recommended budget for basic expenses such as transport, meals and entertainment is approximately USD $270 per week.
- Coffee /capucchino $3.50 – $5.00
- Fast food combo $6.00 – $20.00
- Local public transport $5.00 – $8.00
- Sandwiches: $6 – $12
- Hot meal (pasta, rice dish, etc): $14 – $22
- A meal in a low cost restaurant $10.00 – $28.00
- Affordable hygiene products: $6 – $22
- Common cold medicine $2.30 – $8.00
- A bottle of water /soda (0,33 litros) $1.00 – $3.00
- Gym (per month, 1 adult) $45.00 – $80.00
- Surfing lesson: $50 – $80.00
- Tennis lesson: $110+
- Weekend tours to landmarks & attractions: $69+
- Movies: $15 – $25
- Monolingual dictionary: $35
- Note books: $2
- IELTS Examination Fees: $325+
** Bear in mind that all prices are estimates and are subject to change without prior notice. If you need any more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We offer fully-furnished, self-catering rooms, situated within easy travel distance of the school. Each one ranges from a standard room to those offering added amenities, which could be a gym, cinema or a swimming pool, spas, with a lot more besides. All the accommodations are fully-furnished and include living/ kitchen/ dining area, TV and free Wi-Fi.
Our staff are here to help and support you from the moment you arrive in our schools, to the day you return home. Our Academic Counsellors will help students with their studies. Students will also receive a 24-hour telephone number for use outside school hours.
Our social and excursion programmes are designed to help you have fun, make friends, practise your English, and explore the city and country of Trinidad and Tobago. Students can choose from weekday activities and sports, a range of full-day weekend excursions, weekend activities and events.
We are professionals with decades of experience and specialised teaching training; we teach teachers.
We are an official and recognised agency for translation and interpretation for the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago and its Diplomatic Corps.
We teach both American and British English by way of various resources and rotation of teachers with different accents for perfectly international communication.
We have specialists that teach specialised classes in foreign languages at professional levels; our students have the option of preparing for international exams and even do Master-level courses given our international memberships.
We offer courses in six languages, i.e. French, English, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. Our students benefit from networking with other professionals in various areas; Why not study a third or fourth language while you are here?
We frequently update our materials to keep lessons interesting and relevant. Class activities could revolve around events in the news or recent movies or TV shows. We work with the latest language methods to ensure your learning process, with no awkward transitions between in-class study and home assignments.
We are the only boutique language school in the region, which means: exclusivity, comfort, elegance, quality, a high academic level, a European syllabus, international certifications and a multidisciplinary approach.